Saint Vincent de Paul Society
29533 Canvasback Drive
Easton, MD 21601
The mission of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul is to help the needy within Talbot County regardless of race, creed, or origin. Our services include feeding the hungry, clothing the disadvantaged, offering shelter to the homeless, providing financial support for essential living needs and comfort for those in need of companionship or personal support.
Our Friendly Neighbor Ministry is a social outreach group, offering socialization, friendship and consolation. We offer the warmth of human contact, smiling faces, listening ears, understanding hearts and friendship for people who are home bound or just in need of company. We match our volunteers with elderly or homebound persons who would like a visit on a regular basis. Visits may be face to face, by telephone or a combination of both.
Partners In Care
Sometimes all it takes is just a little bit of help for older adults to remain in their homes. Little things like a ride to the store, someone to fix a sticking window or a friendly visit can make the difference between staying at home, or going to assisted living. The mission of Partners In Care is to help older adults remain in their homes and stay connected to their community. We are a neighbor helping neighbor group of volunteers.
Our programs and services contribute to the safety and well-being of our members by offering:
- Person-Centered Support – assistance navigating complex access to resources so our members live safer, healthier, more informed lives
- Warm Houses – engaging and connecting members to create community within their neighborhoods to prevent or overcome social isolation
- Repairs with Care – minor home repairs to help ensure safety and comfort
- Ride Partners – transportation to medical appointments, shopping and other errands
- Partners in Care is a time exchange community. Our members exchange services with one another; we do not charge for membership or services. Our expectation is that each member will contribute time (volunteer), talent or treasure (money). We gratefully accept monetary donations as well as gently used clothing for our resale Boutique.
Membership is offered to those who are over 50, ambulatory, and know what it means to be a good neighbor. Membership is not based on income. To inquire about becoming a member of the Partners In Care community, or to request assistance, please contact us.